1. Information We Collect
(1) Contacts Information
You need to allow Telos to access your address book on your mobile
device. By authorizing the access you can easily send messages and
make calls, forward messages and files, share contacts
information, or initiate a conference call to your friends and
A simplified copy of the address book with information such as the name, phone number, and ringtone of each contact will be stored and used to display the identity of the caller who's in the user's contact book(the caller will also be automatically added to the user's Telos friend list) in the push notification. We create a cryptographic hash value of the transmitted information to prevent any misuse. The information will not be shared with any third parties and will be removed permanently once the user disables the app.
(2) Personal Information
When you install Telos Software on your mobile device, you are required to provide a mobile phone number to receive an access code via SMS. The phone number will be saved on the Telos servers. The phone number is also used to discover other Telos users who have your phone number in their address book.
When you create a Telos account, we may ask for personal information, like your name or email address. We may also collect demographic information, such as age, gender, or preferences. We might also ask you to create a publicly-visible profile, which may include your name and photo. These information might be used to provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing.
(3) Location Information
Certain Telos features require access to the location information on your mobile phone. Some features, such as "Find Nearby Friends" also store your location information in our servers, and share your location information with other Telos users. If you are concerned about the privacy of your location information, we recommend you do not use those features.
(4) Device Information
When you install Telos on your device, we may automatically collect certain information from your device, including an Android, Apple iOS, or other ID, device maker and model, mobile web browser type and version, IP address, MAC address, the operating system’s maker and version, location information, MCC (Mobile Country Code) information, the mobile application name and other technical data about your device and use them as identifying information to detect, investigate, prevent, or address technical issues or illegal activity.
A list of specific mobile applications installed on your device will also be collected to provide certain features, such as signing in from a third-party service or sharing messages on other third-party apps and services.
(5) Usage Information
We automatically collect usage information that does not identify an individual user. For example, when you install Telos on your device, we automatically collect information such as your device type, operating system version and type, IP address, certain unique device identifiers (such as Android ID, MAC address, and IDFA) and carrier and other information for your device. We use this information to enhance the services we offer and to help us understand how people use the Service.
(6) Analytic Information
We use third-party analytic tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, Telos software screens you access, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytic information with analytic information from other users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual user.
(7) Cookie and Tracking
We use analytic tools provided by Google, AppsFlyer and others which use other visitor identification technology that help Telos identify users and track usage of our Service.
When you use Telos to send a multimedia message (such as sharing a picture, or sharing a video clip), the multimedia content will be cached in Telos servers for enhancing the responding speed of our service and increasing the effectiveness of performance. The cached content will be removed after a certain period of months. Telos does not provide any means for you to delete the cached content manually.
(9) Share Data
Share Data is the data that you provide for use with Telos, such as text, audio, photos and videos you make available through the app or contacts you add or import for use with Telos, which might be used to ensure our services are working as intended and aid in more efficient delivery of our services, and also may be made available to third parties by your actions when using Telos.
2. How We Use Information
• Allow us to keep you posted on Telos' latest product announcements, application updates, and upcoming events.
• Help us develop, deliver, test and improve our products, and services.
• Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing.
• Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service.
• Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
• Diagnose or fix technology problems.
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure
• We may share your information with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Telos is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences).
• We also may share your information with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
• We may also share certain information with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
• We share the information we collect with third-party business partners who commit to comply with applicable laws concerning their usage of the information. Our third-party business partners may share anonymized information with their own third party business partners and use the information either for themselves or on behalf of their own business partners to operate and improve their services; provide you with advertisements and information for products and services in Telos Software or on other mobile apps or websites based on variables such as your location, and assess your level of engagement with them; and carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent.
• We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
• We may disclose your information to law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Telos believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Telos, third parties or the public at large.
4. Link to Ads and Other Service
The Service may contain services, products, and/or links to other services, products, and websites, that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content nor for the privacy practices of these other websites, products, and services. We encourage you to be aware when you access a third party’s website or service and to read the privacy statements of each and every website and service you visit.
Some of our advertisers and/or advertising partners may display ads on Telos’ products or services that directly solicit information, or contain technology to collect information about our users. This information is collected and used by our advertisers and/or advertising partners, and is outside of our control. If you have any questions about a particular advertisement, you should contact the responsible advertiser directly.
5. Do Not Track Notice
Currently, we do not respond to “Do Not Track” requests.
6. Children's Personal Information
All Telos services and websites are not intended for children under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 should not use them at any time.
Telos does not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, Telos will promptly delete such personal information in a secure manner.
7. Removal of Your Account Information
See at here.
8. Business Transfer
If Telos, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Telos goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that would be transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Telos may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.